Member profile: Joanne Holloway
Scroll Saw, Box Making and Turning.
2. How long have you been working with wood?
3. What is your favourite wood?
Queensland Maple because it has character and it’s very versatile.
4. What is your favourite wood to work with?
Rose Mahogany because it gives my projects a rich finish.
5. What other woodworking discipline would you like to explore?
Thanks to Brian Weatherburn, I’ve just started experimenting with wood carving.
6. At some stage all experienced woodcrafters will accidentally hurt themselves. What was your worst
injury and what did you learn from it?
An uppercut from a length of wood on the bandsaw. I Learned that after years of experience you should still
follow safety procedures. “many a slip between the cup and the lip.”
7. Do you have a favourite artist? Who is it and why?
My favourite scroller is Jeff Zaffino, he inspires me.
8. Tell us your best tip or trick.
Superglue is your best friend.
9. What is the one tool you can’t live without?
10. What was the last tool / equipment you bought?
A used Whittling Knife I got for a steal from a guy at the Abbey Medieval Festival.
11. If money was no object, what tool or piece of equipment would you buy?
I would buy a Really Big Bandsaw.
12. What is your vision for the future of the club?
My vision is for the club to help inspire people to take up woodwork.