- Visitors entering the Ipswich Woodcrafts Club Workshop facility do so ONLY at the invitation of a Club Committee Member.
- Onlookers must stand at a safe distance when machinery is in operation, outside the yellow lines marked on the floor.
- Onlookers must not distract the operator when machinery is in operation.
- Onlookers must comply with directions from the operator.
- All members are to comply with all safety standards currently enforced by the Club.
- Operators to take safety direction from the Shed Captain.
- Closed-in footwear (preferably leather) are to be worn.
- No loose clothing to be worn.
- No loose jewellery to be worn
- Long hair is to be either tied up, worn in a hair net, or otherwise secured.
Applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- PPE to be used when operating machinery:
- Face Shield or Safety Glasses.
- Hearing protection when required. eg. router, chainsaw, thicknesser.
- Dust Masks when sanding or as required.
General Machinery Rules
- Tools manufactured from files are banned.
- Tools are to be maintained and kept sharp.
- Check speed settings of machinery before starting.
- Keys/Levers must be removed from chucks before starting the machine.
- Tools not in use are to be kept in a secure location.
- Machines must only be operated with protective guards in place.
- Machines to be switched off when not in use or unattended.
- Check timber for defects and discard if considered dangerous.
- All work areas (including the kitchen) are to be kept and left clean and tidy after each use.
- Members must be Safety Accredited on specific machinery before use.
- A Hazardous Substance Register is in the downstairs workshop.
- All hazardous substances stored or used on the premises must have a current Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
- SDS must be filed in the Hazardous Substance Register.
- All hazardous substances to be approved for use by the Club Committee.
- All club portable electrical equipment must have a current test tag attached.
- All RCD circuit breakers must be tested and logged every 6 months.
- Faulty electrical equipment must have an Out of Service tag attached.
Member Attending the Premises
- shall do so only during Operational Hours, unless otherwise authorised by the Management Committee or by the By Laws; and
- shall promptly record their arrival to the Premises in the Attendance Register provided for that purpose; and
- shall pay the required Attendance Fee, where applicable; and
- shall not use any property at the Premises unless there is at least one other member present or unless otherwise authorised by the Management Committee or by the By Laws; and
- shall not enter or remain on or at the Premises unless accompanied by a least one other member, or unless otherwise authorised by the Management Committee or by the By Laws; and
- shall comply with
- all written safety procedures displayed at the Premises with respect to property at the Premises; or
- all commonly accepted safety procedures with respect to property at the Premises if safety procedures not in written form concerning any particular property.
- All reasonable directions or instructions relating to matters of safety given by.
- Shed Captain; or
- a Member of the Management Committee; and
- shall not use, or attempt to use, any property at the Premises unless they:
- can use that property in compliance with any applicable safety procedures.
- Are confident that they can use the property without danger to themselves or to others; and
- Shall refrain from smoking at the Premises: and
- Shall refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages at the Premises – unless at a social function, previously approved by the Management Committee to be a function where alcoholic beverages may be consumed at the Premises.
A member is liable to have their membership terminated if the member, without reasonable excuse, fails to comply:
- With all safety procedures which are published and made known to the members; or
- With commonly accepted safety procedures with respect to property at the Premises if safety procedures are not in written form concerning any particular property; or
- With all reasonable directions or instructions relating to a matter of safety given by a shed captain or a member of the management committee.
- “Premises” is defined as any building or structure of whatever construction, or part of such building or structure and, unless specifically excluded, includes land associated with such premises; such building or structure or part of such building or structure or land being occupied or used by the Ipswich Woodcrafts Club Inc., either permanently or temporarily, as of right or by authority, at any particular time and at any particular location, for the purpose of undertaking any of the activities of the Ipswich Woodcrafts Club Inc. authorised by the Management Committee.
- “Property” is defined as all things, including mechanical things, which are for use by Members at the premises, or intended for use by Members at the Premises and includes all such things which are not owned by Ipswich Woodcrafts Club Inc but are permitted to be used by the Ipswich Woodcrafts Club Inc. Such things include, but are not limited to, tools or equipment for use concerning any aspect of Woodcraft. The term also includes any property of a member which is be used at the premises.
- “Operational Hours” means the times of access to the Premises, or times of use of the Premises by any Member for any general or particular purpose as those matters are decided by the Management Committee from time to time.